Last modified: April 24, 2014
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use: (a) the collective group of websites known as “The Wyr Deception,” which includes werewatchers.com among other sites (the “Website”), (b) interactive features, may include a chat room, message board, newsgroup, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site (collectively, the “Services”) or (c) any software program, applications or apps, which include without limitation, any functionality, such as instant messages, chat areas, bulletin boards, e-mail functions, that allow you to enhance your experience on the Website (collectively, the “Applications” or together, with the Wyr Deception, the Website, the “Services,” the “Interactive Story”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing such information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Interactive Story.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated browser-based interaction between you and the Interactive Story.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Rio Create apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Interactive Story.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party including, but not limited to, our payment provider, PayPal).
Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The Interactive Story is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Interactive Story. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Interactive Story or on or through any of its features/register on the Interactive Story, make any purchases through the Interactive Story, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Interactive Story or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are a minor (under 18 or any other legal age of majority the jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Interactive Story), you will need your parent or guardian’s consent before you can provide any personal information to us for purposes of registration and other online activities.
|IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS:|
|ADDITONAL TIPS FOR KEEPING MINORS SAFE ON THE INTERNET:|
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Interactive Story:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Interactive Story.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use the Interactive Story, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, location, age or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as browsing habits, or products purchased.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Interactive Story. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Interactive Story or to access certain modules of the Interactive Story, subscribing to any of our Services, purchasing any virtual or other goods or services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Interactive Story.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Interactive Story and of the fulfillment of your orders, including important payment details from our payment provider, PayPal, or otherwise. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Interactive Story.
- Your search queries on the Interactive Story.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Interactive Story (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Payment Detail Information.
You may choose to store your credit or debit card details within your account to use when making future purchases, which is not stored on our servers, but with our third-party payment processors and any related credit or debit card administrators and banking institutions. We will never send you an email containing your full credit or debit card number and we will never publicly disclose your payment details. If you appear to have received an email from us, or see on the Website, certain information that displays your full credit or debit card number or otherwise discloses your payment details, this is not genuine — a third party may be attempting to steal your information.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you download, access and use the Interactive Story, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Interactive Story, we may automatically collect certain details of your access and use of the Interactive Story, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Interactive Story.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including, but not limited to the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Interactive Story also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Interactive Story may collect real-time information about the location of your mobile or non-mobile device. This information is collected from your web browser or mobile device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not register for or use the site, then delete it from your device. For more information, see section below entitled “Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information.”
We also may use the above technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). See section below entitled “Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information” for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on the app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Interactive Story.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Interactive Story and any e-mails that we send to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Rio Create, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
We do not currently utilize any ad networks or ad servers. However, in the future, when you use the Interactive Story or its content, certain third parties, in their sole discretion, may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- If you are accessing the Interactive Story through a mobile device, your mobile device manufacturer.
- If you are accessing the Interactive Story through a mobile device, your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Interactive Story. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see section below entitled “Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information.”
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Interactive Story and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes or updates to the Interactive Story or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Interactive Story.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Interactive Story experience and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Interactive Story according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Interactive Story.
We may use location information we collect to enhance the Interactive Story experience in a variety of ways including tailoring content to your location. Rio Create may use the data collected in its sole discretion.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. In the future, we may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rio Create’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rio Create about the Interactive Story users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of the Interactive Story, which we may implement at some future point, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rio Create, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Interactive Story to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location if accessing the Interactive Story through a mobile device through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information all or some parts of the Interactive Story may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by Rio Create. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by Rio Create. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Interactive Story and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Interactive Story that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Rio Create LLC, PO Box 925, New York, NY 10113, Attn: California Privacy Rights / The Wyr Deception.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Interactive Story, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Interactive Story like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Interactive Story.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Interactive Story. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
© 2014 Rio Create LLC. All rights reserved. Last Updated: April 24, 2014.